Menu and Special Events
Our regularly changing menus are influenced by the seasons and availability of local & free range ingredients. Beginning with breakfast snacks & Weekend Brunch and finishing with afternoon tea. In between enjoy a morning coffee or one of our delicious lunches - choose from a selection of freshly-made gourmet sandwiches, soup, our savoury tart of the day, pate or maybe something from the specials board. We like to try different things on our specials boards that you may not find easily elsewhere such as Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding (we have sweet ones too!) and warm salads. Everything is home cooked, even the jams and chutneys are made in-house.
As you would expect excellent Fairtrade coffee, tea and locally produced cold drinks are served all day. We also have a great choice for vegetarians. Gluten and dairy-free cake and meals are also available.
The Café is fully licensed for the sale of alcohol and offers a select range of local beers and cider, as well as wine.
Our freshly baked scones and delicious selection of cakes are the highlight of a visit. Our Carrot Cake enjoys a reputation among some of our visitors as being the best in Suffolk.
We pride ourselves on sourcing the best ingredients the local area has to offer. All our eggs & meat are free range even down to the bacon sandwiches. Our menus are guided by seasonal produce with much inspiration from the lovely organic vegetables we get from Peter at Kitchen Gardens. Some of our cheese travels only a mile from Jonny at Fen Farm as well as slightly deeper into Suffolk at Rodwell Farm.
If you would like to know more about where our food comes from please click here this will link to 'Where does our food come from' see below
Where does our food come from
What do we make our food from? We try to source our ingredients as locally as possible. Some examples of our suppliers are:
- Flour from Letheringsett Mill, Norfolk;
- Free range eggs from Mr & Mrs Blackmore near Halesworth;
- Cundy's of Bungay deliver Suffolk Marybelle milk and cream;
- Fruit, veg & salad from local farms and suppliers;
- including Peter at Kitchen Gardens;
- Bramfield Meats supply us with locally sourced, free range meat;
- including Sutton Hoo chicken & Blythburgh pork;
- Tasty cheese - Baron Bigod Brie from Jonny and Dulcie at Fen Farm right;
- here in Bungay and Shipcord Cheddar from Rodwell Farm in Suffolk;
- Fairfield crisps from Colchester;
- Jams & Chutneys from Jeannie in Flixton;
- Wine from Everich in Hacheston, Suffolk;
- Beer from St Peter's Brewery in Bungay and Adnams Brewery in Southwold;
- Aspall Cider from Debenham, Suffolk;
- Dried fruit, nuts & sugar from Freeston's in Norwich;
- Sundries from Steele Fine Foods in Diss and Cleveleys in Halesworth.
We will be taking a break over the Christmas period. We will be closed from 2pm on Christmas Eve until 10am on Wednesday the 3rd Jan. If you would like a cake in the new year the first day for collection is Thursday the 4th January.