Local Area: in and around Bungay
There are plenty of independent shops, attractions and sites in and around Bungay. We’ve listed just a few below.
- Guided audio walking tours of Bungay.
- It’s a Foodie Mecca down Earsham Street including traditional sweets and ice cream at A sweet for you. Buy Baron Bigod Brie and Raw Milk from local Artisan cheese makers: Fen Farm.
- Antiques Shops and a lot of specialist independent shops throughout the town.
- Bungay Castle in the centre of the town.
- Take a canoe onto the River Waveney; hire canoes from Outney Caravan Park on the A143 10mins walk from the centre of town.
- There’s a market in the middle of town under the historic Buttercross every Thursday as well as a Country Market (9.15-11am) at the Community Centre (7 mins walk) selling home-grown, homemade and home-crafted produce.
- Earsham Street hosts three special street markets every year: in May a Garden Market, July an Antique Market and finally, in December, a Christmas Market.
- For many years Bungay has held a Summer Festival in July showcasing to visitors and residents alike, what the Town has to offer and to celebrate our local culture.
- Somewhere to stay close by in a tranquil countryside location is Old Rectory Cottages.
We will be taking a break over the Christmas period. We will be closed from 2pm on Christmas Eve until 10am on Wednesday the 3rd Jan. If you would like a cake in the new year the first day for collection is Thursday the 4th January.